PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Which Whirly ?
Thread: Which Whirly ?
View Single Post
Old 23rd Dec 2005, 08:34
Whirlybird

The Original Whirly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Robbo Jock,
I'm very part time at Tatenhill at the moment, mainly because I live so far away and so can't do things at short notice. So pm me to make sure I'm there before dropping over to say hi. However, I'm moving next month and will be a lot closer...and closer to another school that's offered me part time work, and closer to the centre of the country which will make travelling easier to fly more helicopters for Todays' Pilot. So, despite having to leave my beloved Wales to do it, Whirly will hopefully soon be gainfully employed fulltime in helicopter related occupations!!!!! Yes, I know, about time too.

BTW, if I disappear from PPRuNe in early January, it'll only be because once I dismantle my PC for the move, I may never manage to put it all back together again. But fear not (or celebrate not? ) - I will be back.

Gerhardt,
I'm flattered, but I think the cover pic is the only one in which you can vaguely see me. The mag thought the helicopter was the star! However, if you really want to see little me, try the last issue (Whirly in an Apache sim) or a slightly earlier one (great pic of me flying the EC135, and also on a McAlpines poster). No, I don't get commission for them selling more out-of-date mags, honest!

Rumour has it that next month's TP will have my article on helicopter instrument flying (or not) for the PPL(H) - I hope it does as I need the money.