PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Captions and one-liners - nothing to do with helicopters, just holiday time fun!
Old 22nd Dec 2005, 04:45
Loose rivets
Psychophysiological entity

Location: Tweet Rob_Benham Famous author. Well, slightly famous.
Received 37 Likes on 18 Posts
Following "Elton's wedding dress" ..........and being somewhat ni-eeeeeve in these matters, I started poking around on google to see what I was missing.

Well, one thing was the Christian Raincoat

>>>>Dear (thread organizer.)
I find your site to be very interesting. Your readers may be interested in our experience.
We have two teenage girls and like other parents were worried about their behaviour. Like other girls before them they have taken a shine to unsuitable rough lads. They have come home smelling of smoke or worse smelling of cannabis and behaving oddly. Like many others they have come home red in the face and smellying of cider.
Most teenagers drink cheap booze in the local bus shelter but we were worried about what to do with them. We didnt want teenage pregnancies and ruined lives.
On a trip to Ohio my husband met some people who also had problems with teenage girls. We followed their example and advice and both our girls have now left school and gone to university.
They said you don't want your girls drinking or smoking whilst out or kissing or having sex with lads. So stop them!
You cant follow them about but can set what they wear when they go out. We bought home several "Christian Raincoats" that the people in Ohio used.
The girls were to wear these coats all the time and did so for four and five years until they left school. They were belted hooded raincoats not unlike a tradition English school girls raincoat. But made of a heavy tough material with a heavy double zip fastening at the front running from the hem to the hood. They had two hoods - an inner hood that went tightly round the head and covered the nose and mouth and a heavy cowl-like hood that protuded six inches in front of the face. Only the eyes were left showing.Both hoods were held in place by wire shapers and padlocks. The double zip was also held in place by padlocks. The coats had belts at the waist and hem which were also locked in place. A heavy material belt was padlocked between the legs from the back to the front of the coat.
These coats stopped all drinking or smoking. Denied access for kissing or worse. Our daughters were safe and sound and of little interest to the local rough lads, but, remainded friendly with more worthy boys.
The coats came with accessories which we very rarely needed to use.The outer cowl hood had a zip round its outer edge this could be used to totally enclose the head and could be padlocked shut over the face.The cuffs had wrist fastenings and could be padlocked to rings on the waist belt, holding the hands either side of the waist. The hem at the ankles also had a padlockable strap to hold the ankles together.
The girls soon got used to wearing these coats and did so without protest.They were large on the girls so two each was enough to get them through school. They both got good A Levels.
The younger girl still wears her coat in her first year in university.<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Well, so much for my parenting skills.