PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British (Rentokil) Airways
View Single Post
Old 22nd Dec 2005, 16:42
ShortfinalFred

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I dont believe a word of the "BA cant afford it" campaigners. BA can afford NAPS if it wanted too, it just thinks it can get away with it by not doing so.

BIG MISTAKE!

I have never seen people so motivated by anything at BA before. If WW closes the scheme then BA will cease to be a functioning full service airline, full stop. There will be a strike the like of which has not been seen before. BA's working environment is not worth spit without NAPS to those of us who joined with it as part of our contracts, and have planned our financial lives around its being there.

Fear a man or woman with nothing to lose, and if NAPS goes we have nothing to lose. If the BA DC scheme is planned for our futures, then other employers offer way better terms than the derisory-termed BARP, some offer direct entry commands and most dont require you to be away from home as much. I think you'll finally get that increased pilot turnover you've been looking for. New joiners with no bond will qualify on type, get experience and leave, and those nearer the retirement end of the spectrum will leave for a better DC scheme to finish on, and a better working environement to boot.

LLoyd, PoD, Shirley, Dave, if you think you can carry this one off on your masters bidding you are living in a dreamworld - you are an ace away from industrial meltdown, and from the way you treat us these days you deserve it. "Professional pilots" - dont make me laugh - you treat us with such evident contempt it makes me physically sick. You are about to reap the benefit of years of disdain dished out our way. Enjoy it, I will.