PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BMI Regional announce ABZ-AMS
View Single Post
Old 22nd Dec 2005, 15:34
no, no, no

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think I have touched a nerve with someone - who has taken to write a lot about the history of bmi - obviously a close follower of their actions (were you turned down for a job with them?).

If you've got one aircraft to launch a new route and you want to get the best deal you can, why wouldn't you? To be honest I can see them having a very close look at LTNBRU and EDIMUC (which I think would have started if slots had worked) in future - along with other new opportunities as always - some work and some don't - all airlines do that at some point - even BA who change their routes about from London (Seoul, Kuala Lumpur, Caracas, Belfast, Hannover, Cologne, Melbourne) - the fact of life is somethings just don't work - but don't you have to put your best foot forward - and if you know you can make a better go of investing in option c rather than option a or b isn't that what they should do - after all they do have a responsibility to the shareholders like everyone else, and also their employees. Then you can make more money to bring in more aircraft to launch more routes to grow a network - isn't that how other airlines from Virgin Atlantic to Ryanair to Eastern Airways have done it???

And increasing flights from their main base in Aberdeen versus launching a one-aircraft operation in Luton must surely bring about greater efficiencies?

Anyway I am off - everyone have a great Christmas and a fantastic new year