PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - End of year total. How much did you fly in 2005?
Old 22nd Dec 2005, 13:32
Hour Builder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well this year I went from 0 to about 55 hours, now I own a 1/12 share in a C-150, got my FAA IR course coming up in April.

The purpose of my flights now are to hour build (hence the PPRUNE ID), but in doing so I take friends and family for flights, although as I only have 50 odd hours total I havent done a huge amount of this yet.

My flights so far average a little over an hour i'd say.

Closest call is by far my qualifying solo cross country flight. On departure from base, I did all my checks as normal, but took off with only 2200rmp on a 150, and just couldnt climb. I missed trees at the end of the runway by about 50 feet. took off of runway 08 i think it was and landed straight away back on 17, was a very nice little learning curve, and the tower said it was a damm nice landing (no need to reduce much power obviously). turned out when i checked the mags after, they dropped from 1700rpm to about 1400.....i then said a few words i dont care to repeat, as i would never have taken off knowing that.

still you learn by all this.

HB