PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - London - Cape Town - "the Battle For Slots"
Old 22nd Dec 2005, 13:19
Tailspin2001

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sam I think your confusing slots with a route license…………first you have to get the licence and having got that you then organize slots at the airports that you want to operate to and from. It is the SA Licensing Authority that grants the traffic rights and frequency on the CPT-LHR route.

Virgin tend to get a license on a route and expect to be given maximum frequency on it straight away, never mind that others have spent years building up the route and negotiating the traffic rights. As far as I am aware Virgin have decided this year to use all their allocated flights over a short period in order to operate daily. They do not operate the route at all during the southern winter

I know that BA currently has a frequency of 12 flights a week in the southern summer and 7 a week in the southern winter and I understand would do double daily in the summer if they could negotiate it out of the SA authorities. BAs extra 5 flights are daylight to LHR.

2 flights out on some evenings, having a day flight back to London as well as at night
Bit confusing

with brandson now bald
I guess you mean branson