PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 6 months of 717 in the west
View Single Post
Old 22nd Dec 2005, 07:37
cunninglinguist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Only going on what I hear from the horses mouths.....

I believe NJ are quick to blame JQ for all their woes, inc giving them all the so called " heaps " ( how any a/c less than 10 years old can be considered a heap is beyond me )
According to all the guys who trained with JQ, they only became heaps after the east/west crossing and alot of their problems are not parts, or lack of, per se, apparently the old pen does'nt work quite as well with the 71.( well, it does get it to depart a maint base )

Ratter I hear what you are saying but to me it sounds like typical NJS " penny wise pound foolish ", ie save a few bucks on spares but how much does each unsceduled o/nite in a remote port cost? in dollars and customer goodwill ?( oh, and how much does crz at F250 cost )

Bas, not sure why JQ would want a spares store on the west coast, in 6 months they will be 717 free, and have absolutely no allegiance with NJ.

Truth seeker, 100% accurate I reckon...but move up where ?

" no more MELs than I've seen on a 146 "...... but the 146 was up to 20 years older.
They tell me Clarrie, that the 1st time you turn up to the a/c to find out you are restricted to F250 and below and no flight in icing conditions, or your first PBO/PD/GV o/nite, gets the boys a little narky.