PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BMI Regional announce ABZ-AMS
View Single Post
Old 21st Dec 2005, 16:39
no, no, no

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I asked a close friend in bmi about this after reading what people are putting, and they said that they had intended to operate to Munich from Edinburgh but didn't get slots good enough to operate a decent schedule hence it was dropped.

And Luton Brussels was only put on sale as they described it "as a beauty contest" to show Munich that they could go elsewhere if they didn't deliver, and also try to get the same out of Luton & Brussels - however they looked at ABZAMS later on when it appears that many people going to AMS don't like KL, and don't like their schedules, so this is a great opportunity for bmi to capture the top end market and make it work.

My friend doesn't work for regional, but does say that he envies them - apparantly they have got together a great team in all areas and are the most punctual airline in these parts, and have the best engineering record for the Embraer fleet - so they must be doing something right!!!!

But if this washes over those of you who don't like to know the real reasons behind things, don't like to see people make a success out of things and don't like an intelligent debate then maybe I should have replied with an un-educated insult of my own like certain others instead!!!