PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Westjet pay.
Thread: Westjet pay.
View Single Post
Old 21st Dec 2005, 16:10
Slapshot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We've all bemoaned the first year salary in the aviation business. That's an industry-wide phenomenon as I pointed out in the first post...

If you'll get past the first year, a second year F/O at WestJet has a paycheque of $1923 and some odd cents every two weeks. $3864 a month before taxes. How you arrange your finances regarding taxes is up to the individual, I won't guess at take-home. We are all different, but that is the starting point.

Yes there are investment "perks" as you call them... In addition to the salary, there is the Employee Share Ownership Programme, which is completely voluntary. If you choose to participate, for every share you buy, the company will match. One makes 100% on the investment on day one.

There is profit sharing paid twice a year. May & November. We've paid out millions of dollars in profitshare in the past 6 years. 5 million dollars was paid to the employees last month. For perspective, that was an extra paycheque for myself...

There is the Share Option Plan which all Pilots are a part. The Options have created quite a bit of wealth and paid off more than a few mortgages. Yes, mine as well.

Last edited by Slapshot; 23rd Dec 2005 at 15:20.