PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PJs - video
Thread: PJs - video
View Single Post
Old 21st Dec 2005, 13:21
toolguy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Being a real fan of Mail Call and R.Lee's show, I'm biased, but he does a lot of fund raising work for service families and donates a lot of time to military family welfare and support causes. Sure, the show is over the top, but he always has gives credit to those in uniform.

PJ's are really very high end on the skill tree, they have to train constantly to keep their edge. I think that in certain cases, they are trying to do too much. It takes about two years to fully train them, and the selection process weeds out so many, that very few actually make it to a squadron. The few that make it are getting burnt out.

In my experience, the Navy and Coast Guard Swimmer is right up there with the PJ for guts and skill. But, I also know a few Army Dustoff medics with the same medical skill and dedication.

Maybe the Air Force should keep the PJ's for the high end work, but multiply the force, with troops shorter skill sets: shooters for securing the LZ, medics to treat the wounded, and swimmers for the water. This way, the PJ's will not get burnt out, keep training for their high end skills.