PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Type Rating - which type, where, why pay etc?
Old 21st Dec 2005, 11:22
englishal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You realize you are paying for something a company that employs you should be paying for, right? Maybe you could offer to pay for the fuel while you are in training. Come to think of it, tell them you shouldn't be paid while in training, since you are just training after all. That aught to get you the job. Here's a novel idea.... Do some instruction, fly some cargo, do some air tours, earn your job!!! Don't pay for it!
Yea right. So when I go for a job as Director of ICI and they say "you need an MBA" I'll just say "ok then, that's fine, I'm clever enough so you pay for it and give me the job".......

Anyway, you do end up paying for the TR whatever you do. Either through lower salary and bonding or somhow else. My mate flies the Airbus, he got his TR paid for but for 6 months he earns £1000 per month, then £31000 until 1000 hours on type then £39,000..........Oh and this was after instructing for several years and the hours thaty go with it.

If I wanted to fly Boeings or Airbuses I'd do it.