PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Time to give up!
View Single Post
Old 20th Dec 2005, 19:55
haughtney1

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
RBR....I understand your frustration completely, just when you think things couldnt get any worse..wham you get a kick in the teeth
The trouble is mate, the first 1000 hours in your logbook will be the hardest you will have to get, for loads of us (me included) scrimping and scraping, working 3 jobs (loading a truck, cleaning at an airport, and landscaping) to the tune of 18hrs a day, just to get through to the weekend where I could tow a glider or two and drop a skydiver.
The point Im making is this, I do realise how lucky I am, and like you I dont fit the profile of the "ideal" early 20's airline pilot...infact the whole thing was 7yrs of bloody hard work.
The opportunities are still about if you want to go out and get them (sorry if you dont think this way..but they are there) goodluck in whatever you decide to do, but if you got into aviation thinking money spent=a job you would be mistaken 9 times out of 10
Airlines want candidates who are dedicated and enthusiastic..all you need is a break, and ultimately its the law of averages