PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BRISTOL
Thread: BRISTOL
View Single Post
Old 20th Dec 2005, 19:14
MerchantVenturer

Brunel to Concorde

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red Snake,

I've been flying out of BRS for 25 years or more (as a pax I hasten to add) and there was never a scheduled carrier nor even regular charters to any Nordic country in that time.

There was a limited charter programme to Bergen this summer (05) but as far as I am aware, apart from odd day trip flights, that has been it.

Sweden might be a contender for Ryanair visiting BRS on a 'W' as they do from DUB and SNN.

When easyJet pulled out of the CPH route I was informed by the BRS management that they were very confident of getting a replacement carrier. Perhaps things are still moving behind the scenes in this regard and it's taking longer than they believed.

You mentioned the Santa flights. This seems to be a burgeoning industry from many UK airports. BRS alone must have had at least a dozen flights to Lapland in the lead-up to this Christmas, which when you consider the fares (and holiday costs of those staying in Santaland for a few days) shows how much disposable cash there is around.

airhumberside,

I hadn't forgotten HUY but I was thinking specifically of Air Southwest.

BRS-HUY seems a bit unlikely but so did BRS-MME but Eastern are trying it 3 times a day with J31s, so perhaps if it was to be operated Eastern might be a more likely carrier with their smaller a/c and particular business model.