PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PPL License Issue Time Scale
View Single Post
Old 20th Dec 2005, 17:49
MyData
Fixed+Rotary (aircraft, not washing lines)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A timely post.

I completed my training and passed my skills test on 19th Nov. On the Monday (21st) posted my application with credit card details. Was told by the CFI that at this time of year it would only take a couple of weeks....

My credit card was charged within 2 days - so at least the registered post wasn't needed. I knew the application had been delivered.

Then today I was thinking - blimey, it's been almost a month of waiting for postie to arrive each day.

So I decided to call up the CAA (get the number from their web site). Spoke to a very helpful lady who checked my record. Apparently they were waiting for faxes of my exam papers to arrive, and they had just arrived TODAY. She asked me to give contact details and someone would call me if/when there was any significant reason.

About 30 minutes later I get a call from another lady at the CAA. Apparently everything is in order, the application only needs to be signed off. That should happen today and it will be in the post for tomorrow morning.

Many fingers crossed - but I'm hoping to get the license before the end of the year... It will have taken about six weeks by then.

What was disappointing was that there had been the need to fax the exam copies. No one had mentioned this to me - or did I miss something on the application form?

It is also disappointing that it has taken nearly a month for one party to ask the other to fax some info. Surely something that could be done in an afternoon.

At least I know its now on the way and I should be a happier bunny in a few days time. An ideal 'late' Christmas present.