PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Type Rating - which type, where, why pay etc?
Old 20th Dec 2005, 17:35
First.officer

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
You know what B200Drvr, i agree totally that there is absolutely no substitute for experience aka the scenario's you've painted so eloquently in your posts, but we all have to start somewhere - i presume you managed to get your 1000 hrs+ by flying charter, contract or wherever and whatever else as you mention these in your post ? - bully for you, i agree that in these particular situations you may well have that "extra" something over and above the 300 hr. guy but it still remains that this guy has completed a recognised course of training, approved by the relevant authorities i might add, and has then gone on to complete a multitude of company SOP's and emergency procedures in the simulator - and if both the CAA and the company concerned are happy, then i see no reason to doubt the 300 hr. guys ability, given time in the job he/she will soon acrue the all to valuable time that we all need and desire to make us more competent and better pilots and meet standards that people such as yourself would demand in your fellow pilot. Remember, we all start somewhere and he/she is just starting in a different way to you, doesn't make it wrong because it doesn't fit in with the pattern you may have followed in your career path.
As for avoiding this company because they may have employed someone who doesn't match your requirements, hey, that's your perogative, but i happen to know the company has an excellent safety record within the industry and i'm more than willing to mail the name to you should you like to then go and check the figures with the CAA to prove this statement.