PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - you won't believe this
View Single Post
Old 20th Dec 2005, 16:43
Wyler

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Here we have been told all the JO Adminers are singlies so its not fair for them to get an Xmas duty. All the other single JO's on the various Q shifts however, get to live in a darkened mess and walk half a mile to get their food in the airmens mess.
No senior officers either from handbrake house as those of us on Q can 'double up' as duty exec.
Oh yes, and they finish 2 days before Ops so no claims etc processed until 06.
I can honestly say that the Admin support I have had over the last 6 years has been Sh*te. I have been into the Admin office and the phones have been ringing whilst they drink tea and read the papers. 'It's our break Sir' is the reply. The Civvy accountants actually lock their doors during breaks and lunch to literally keep you out.
If the Orderly Officer cannot make it to wave at the flag due to flying he/she has to ring OC GD and 'beg' for a favour. Ths favour is usually followed by a complaint from Oc Admin about Ops 'putting on' Admin.
I have thrown my toys out of the cot on many occasions but the civvies are untouchable and the service types just shrug. Very little support from the Wg Cdrs.
Jeez, how depressing, I'll stop there.
Happy Christmas to all of you on shift this festive season, or away from home.