PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BMI Regional announce ABZ-AMS
View Single Post
Old 20th Dec 2005, 16:27
Cyrano

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not for the first time I find myself wondering: what the hell are BMI Regional up to? They announce LTN-BRU (if I recall correctly) then cancel it. They spend forever humming and hawing about EDI-MUC, an obviously attractive route (and one which attracts Scottish Route Development Funding), and then finally pull back from that. And for what? Three times a day ABZ-AMS in competition with a 4x daily 737 operated by the AMS hub incumbent?

Is there some amazing corporate account that they have wooed away from KLM to justify this service (whose key selling point according to the press release on ATI is that "convenient timings of the BMI flights provide excellent links for the business traveller, allowing for a full working day in Holland’s capital without the early start required by the current schedule operator")?

So that's OK then. We can justify launching an inferior schedule on a less comfortable aircraft, up against an operator known for aggressive competitive pricing, on the basis that we'll win all the business from having an 0715 rather than an 0615 departure?

Where can I buy the recreational pharmaceuticals that are apparently being consumed in Donington Hall?