PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Type Rating - which type, where, why pay etc?
Old 20th Dec 2005, 16:25
Nimbus5

I did read the whole thing. Sounds like what you're saying is that after your Captain became incapacitated, you flew the plane into a thunderstorm or windshear. No you don't always know where the windshear is, but there are a few good clues and the 300 hour guy and the 1000 hour guy both know to avoid them. As for low fuel, never should happen in the first place and most likely won't with a good two man crew checking each other and backing up, no matter how many hours they have.

My main point is that if you want to argue the guy with 1000 hours is really better, at least pick a reasonable example. Give me an example where a guy with 300 hours ran low on fuel and show how his lack of experience set him up for it (and explain how the Captain let it happen since presumably he was at full capacity when they topped the tanks up before departure). But when your argument is a red herring, don't get upset when someone calls you account for it.

By the way, I would hope the guy with 1000 hours has zero hours experience extricating an airplane from either windshear or thunderstorms