PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK Resignations
Thread: EK Resignations
View Single Post
Old 20th Dec 2005, 15:11
flybystring

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The fairness or otherwise of the Bond depends on the type rating you came here with and the type your on. Unfortunatley a guy who arrived with say an EMB145 pencil jet rating and got a 777 or 330 type has the same bond as a guy who joined with an a330 or 777 rating and is on the same type. Unless of course your a DEC whereupon the bond is dropped by 2/3s to 12000 USD as opposed to $36,000 for everybody else if you came rated.

The bond is only fair if the company expended that or greater on you to train you. In most cases the $12000 would be more realistic. But if you needed the job at the time they had you by the balls. Now they will lick your nuts to get you to join.

Anyway counting the weeks to a course back in civilisation. No bond as already rated, no thanks to EK.

Lots of tax of course and I have to live in my own house with no threat of being moved out and having my life turned upside down by some TCN administrator who would have no problem if they moved you to a shanty town in down town Madras over 6000 Dhs.

I guess this should be my last post on EK and purge any referance from my PC. A sort of New year resolution.

Adios