PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Worth a read - UAV problems
View Single Post
Old 20th Dec 2005, 15:09
steamchicken

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
I presume you will be demanding, then, that the Bruges Group remove the claim from their website that you were "Research Director" for his European Parliamentary group? Given that you write most of it, I would have thought you would be aware the Group was making this "purely invented" claim?

Why is it wrong to want an independent capability to design and build strategic war materials?
Aren't missiles as much strategic war materials as aircraft? Or UAVs as lorries, which anyway are available in commerce without fuss? Your position is internally inconsistent. By the way, I hope you will join me in condemning any UK cooperation with the US in defence technology, as US technology quite often turns up in Israeli equipment on sale to the highest bidder, including India and China. This is a serious security risk and one that should not be taken lightly.

More generally, this is a particular case of the general principle that Eurosceptics are implacably opposed to any loss of exclusive national sovereignty, unless the party gaining influence over Britain is the United States, when it is all well, good and patriotic.