PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Mauritius defies IFALPA
View Single Post
Old 20th Dec 2005, 13:36
GE CF6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile XMAS PARTY

Hey guys!

Remember the old Ranjit A.'s days when we used to have a REAL flight ops xmas party fully paid for by ops? Man, I miss those days. Now, when you think of it, as a non pilot (discounting the fact that he had a CPL and that you did not want ol' Ranjit as PF... - mark my words, been there, done that), he did quite a good job. CPs had deputees, pilots were treated with mcuh more respect. True, he was a Flight Engineer, and did fly a fair bit, but at least he interacted well with the Pilot communitee outside the flight deck... These were the days!!!

So, now that we don't have any of that, and as dingduck2 is saying that he clocked quite a few hours, like me and many others, and since all our leaves were cancelled, I think i will fall into my swim in my uniform as I get back from this trip, clinging dear-life to me house phone and cell phone...

Hey Russ, if you reading this, could you maybe organise a little "Do" on you fav beach and let the bush telegraph know the time and date. We will make OUR OWN Xmas and New Year party, without PB or MK... So everybody, time to hang up those phones, and get yourself to the beach with a tent (that will avoid drink-driving) and have a bash of a time!