PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK Resignations
Thread: EK Resignations
View Single Post
Old 20th Dec 2005, 11:12
Uplink

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Secure,

Very kind of you to quote me. I only say things as I see them at the time. You know as well as I do that things change overnight. What is stated on reports may only be what we are meant to see, who knows.

I consider my self as you say, a balanced contributor. I try not to get involved in the speculation too much as I have been in this game too long. I try not to get excited by rumours but prefer the evidence as and when it happens.

The original thread was concerning how to get out of EK. Most people have the right idea about leaving in a correct manner. I dont think that jumping ship in the middle of the night is a good idea, as these things have a habit of creeping up on you. Not in a few months but a few years.

The Captain who left EK a short while ago has left a family and a huge debt for her to sort out. What a spineless prat for doing that. EK is a better place not having a unstable guy like that around. I only hope he gets what he deserves, because one dark night he may find himself in Dubai for whatever reason. I think a person who absconds in that manner does not want to continue his career in aviation. To leave and not pay a bond is one thing. To leave and not pay your debts I do not think is a good idea, but that is just my opinion. To leave your whole family to clear up your mess is just pure evil. Guys like that should be in prison. I know alot more about this gentleman which I am not going to put on here. I will say this though. You join a company and have a bond (which lets face it is only fair) Should you leave in whatever manner you choose then you have to face the music should it catch up with you a few years down the line. But then again thats just my opinion.