PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Coroner criticises CASA over light plane crash deaths
Old 20th Dec 2005, 01:29
the wizard of auz
Bugsmasherdriverandjediknite

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face

They look like trash compared to the beautifully hardened, ground and parkerised nut that hold the hub on a Mitsubishi Pajero, and I could make exactly the same pointless comparison as you made between Lycoming and Cat.
It was I that made the comparison, not 520. and you know that it wasn't a pointless comparison......... surely.
I'm afraid your just going to take the I'm right and your all wrong stance regardless of what anyone says........ therefore you must truely be a Guru and we all know nothing. hardly worth the trouble to discuss it.
As long as your happy in your mind that your right, enjoy.

One would have to wonder why the designers of these aero parts go through all the dramas of designing a part that will barely do the job and people that can produce a far superior part for less money, dont?. they design a part that has a TBO of thousands of hours more and is twice the product and do it for far less money. there is no secret product design features or procedures that would make it hard to make this comparison, and if you really think that there is, your just kidding your self.
you can try and justify it any way you like, fact is, its just a rip off and there really is no way it can be justified.

P.s just for the sake of the excersize, compare the price of the two nuts your refering to. you will find the beautifully hardened, faced, parkerized nut will be quite a bit more expensive than the rough finished stamped toyota product.......... not the other way around like the aviation/non aviation products I was refering to.