PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK Resignations
Thread: EK Resignations
View Single Post
Old 20th Dec 2005, 00:03
Uplink

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ahad,

I am not sure I agree with your figures. I get copied in on recruitment status forms and the no shows you talk about are no where near the figure you quote. As far as resignations go, cant say I agree with that figure either. 2005 has been a busy year with lots happening. As has been stated before here, do you know the 37 pilots that have left. I dont think I can name 20.

The thing is there is no where else to go really. If you said that figure over an 18 month to 2 year period, I think I would agree. Lets face it though. The company more than doubled in size since I joined. It means now that there are more people pro rata to be disgruntled. I would like to think that with the appointment of the new recruitment manager, things might start to change. Not sure if you saw the latest FCN inviting pilots back onto the recruitment team. About time too. Very unhealthy with just an HR input in pilot recruitment. We seem to be getting some really nice guys, but the standard of some of their flying is shocking to say the least. The standard has definitely dropped. Or maybe now the bucket is starting to empty.

Prepare for several things. Firstly back to transition upgrades, secondly they will lower the standard of applicants experience. By that I mean take guys without Heavy jet time. Lets face it we have cadets who are on line now with 500 hours. The guys will join now with maybe turbo prop time (1000 hours) Thats just a figure I have thought of. The new pilot will then be "Emiratized" with no chance of a command for lets say 5 years. I think the standard will be good. Lets face it I remember most of the jet guys here went from a turbo prop to a jet. Whats the difference between say a B757/767 to a 330/777. Especially when there is a cadet programme here with guys having flown small aircraft being put on large aircraft. With the right training it is totally workable.

Finally the long awaited pay rise. Etihad are down the road now with a large pay rise looming. We are all mercenaries really and whoever pays the most gets the pilots. The bucket here is nearly empty and having taken 9 B777's this year, 12 next year plus extra 340's coming. 2007 will be the 380's turn. You dont need to be a rocket scientist to work out that pilots are desperatley needed. Something has to give. The question is what and where !!