PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 2nd interview dec 12,13th
View Single Post
Old 19th Dec 2005, 22:47
nickvola

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile 2nd interview Dec.15

Attended 2nd interview Dec 15 & 16. No calculators for Math test. Advice given by A319 guy is right on.

As for the group exercise, get together with the others in your group and discuss your strategy the evening prior over dinner and a couple of beers. There are numerous bits of information that are presented, some of it is superfluous. Consider appointing someone a timekeeper and someone else as note taker. I recommend organizing all the information given in a chart of some sort so that all of the data are in one place and easily referenced. We used the grease board so everyone could see the chart and contribute/correct as necessary.

My opinion is that they do not want to see one person dominating the situation or one person not participating. I think either extreme would be detrimental to you.

The sim is a handful, especially for us fly-by-wire guys. I would recommend buying sim time if you have not flown Boeings. I was on the 76 two years back but it still felt like I was working way too hard. The instructor will run the emergency checklist for you if you ask, and he will call 1,000 prior to level off but nothing about minimums. Brief him on everything you would like to have called, he will let you know what he won't do, but he will not volunteer anything. They do brief you before hand on what to expect and I thought it was a good brief. They will answer any questions you have.

Hope this helps.

Good luck to all.