PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK Resignations
Thread: EK Resignations
View Single Post
Old 19th Dec 2005, 20:15
SecurID

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Keep Disappearing!!
Very good!!

But it is not all about the command. The airline is still showing upgrade times to be just over three years, still better than anywhere else, but is it all about commands, money etc? There is too much info here on Emirates for me to even contemplate adding to it but life in Dubai has changed. The so called 'lifestyle' that we enjoyed in Dubai has gone. There are no beaches to camp on anymore, they are building sites now. The quick drive to the local supermarket needs to be timed carefully otherwise you end up in traffic for an hour. 7 star hotels are passé, there's almost one on every corner now. Too many malls, too many records being broken, for some this place has lost the plot.

I am all for progress and change but cannot see any evidence to suggest that Dubai has done nothing other than become another Singapore or Hong Kong, and for many of us if we wanted to live in either place we'd have applied for SQ or CX.

There is too much concrete, not enough greenery (yes I know, It's a desert!) but they can have grass where and when they want it, primarily on the golf courses, but more expenditure on public areas would be welcome.

I could go on and on, but basically those that have left, or are thinking of leaving, are not happy here, despite the management spin on reasons given for leaving. After all, who would honestly say in their departure interview that they were sick of the changes, the lies, the lack of support and the overwork ethic that exists? Nobobody wants to burn bridges so it's just easier to say 'I want to go home....' If the management and HR want to propogate otherwise then that's fine, we're not stupid. Many are not happy here and that is why they leave.

Last edited by SecurID; 19th Dec 2005 at 20:33.