PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 19th Dec 2005, 20:02
Brian Dixon
A really irritating PPRuNer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Apologies, in advance to the following:
Arkroyal (especially you!), BOAC and A2QFI. The following e-mails have just been dispatched:

Dear Mr Robathan,
I understand that you were recently re-contacted by a constituent who was seeking your support of Early Day Motions 651 and 1111. Upon looking at the 10 EDMs that carry your support, it is encouraging to see 6 are linked to military matters. However, as a former shadow Defence Minister, it is very disappointing to see that you are unwilling to support the defence of the reputations of two RAF officers killed in the line of duty, and in no position to defend themselves. What is it about this subject that you object to?

May I take this opportunity to wish you well in your endeavours in getting a big red bus back on the streets of London.

Dear Mr Jackson,
I understand that you were recently contacted by a constituent who was seeking your support of Early Day Motions 651 and 1111. It is my understanding that you feel unable to support these EDMs due to a lack of subject knowledge.

May I, therefore, respectfully, point you in the direction of the Campaign web site – www.chinook-justice.org in the hope that there is sufficient information to raise your knowledge to a level that gives you confidence in signing at a time in the near future. Mr James Arbuthnot MP is the Chair of the Mull of Kintyre Campaign Group. He too, could give you a short briefing on this injustice. You could also, perhaps, speak to serving pilots at RAF Wittering next time you visit.

I hope that you may see fit to support the Campaign at some point in the future.

Thank you for your time.

Dear Mr Herbert,
I understand that you were recently contacted by a constituent who was seeking your support of Early Day Motions 651 and 1111. It is my understanding that you feel unable to support these EDMs due to a lack of subject knowledge.

May I, therefore, respectfully, point you in the direction of the Campaign web site – www.chinook-justice.org in the hope that there is sufficient information to raise your knowledge to a level that gives you confidence in signing at a time in the near future. Mr James Arbuthnot MP is the Chair of the Mull of Kintyre Campaign Group. He too, could give you a short briefing on this injustice.

Thank you for your time.

Apologies again Ark. I thought I'd send your chap high blood pressure for Christmas

In case anyone wants to know what their MP gets up to (or not, as the case may be), you can do so here: They Work For You

I'm not the Irritating Sod for nothing!!

My best to you all, as always.
Brian

"Justice has no expiry date" - John Cook