PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NWA Aborted Landing
View Single Post
Old 19th Dec 2005, 13:38
BOAC
Per Ardua ad Astraeus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you Jerricho.

For 'happydays39' - these questions about go-rounds do generate a lot of steam amongst our members. I also appear to have reached a temporary' 'full-up' sign on them.

In this forum, we have more than our 'share', I guess, of 'interested aviation persons' - and a large number of young posters.

PPP and I are keen to help those with little aviation knowledge to acquire more - that is partly the 'raison-d'etre' of this forum. So, here to help you is something to occupy you during the Christmas break, as it is good that people learn to help themselves a bit in this life.

Go to the PPRune 'Search' link

type in the following (one at a time):-

'goround'
'go-around'
'aborted landing'
'overshoot'
'missed approach'

select 'Spectators balcony' for the search and have a look at all the threads about aeroplanes that break off their approach.

You asked: "anyone know why?". The short answer is, yes, a few do. The crew, the passengers, ATC, the airline management and possibly the CAA or FAA - and now the thread readers - and you - know about this one as well.

I am going to close this thread now, but when you have looked at the threads, if you still have a question or two - even after 'away from home' told you about this one - please PM me or PPP and we might re-open the thread for you to ask, or just give you the answer.