PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Southwest B737 Overrun @ Chcago MDW
View Single Post
Old 19th Dec 2005, 11:18
TheShadow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
amos2

Maybe go back a page and look at the post upon which their discussion is based (by Belgique - as part-quoted in highlit blue and commented upon by "TheShadow" and later by UNCTUOUS). It's pretty fundamental stuff - but so often overlooked. Perhaps that's because it's just not in some syllabi.

Despite your perhaps not being able to comprehend the concept, it's in no ways revolutionary - so maybe try going back to first principles. Then if you have a valid reason why it's aerodynamically unsound, well let fly with some specifics matey. There's no point ranting about obscure abstractions.

It's interesting to pose the question: "I wonder how many airplanes have gone off the end over the years just because their pilots have no idea how to brake most effectively?". My answer would have to be: "A helluva lot, particularly in the more ignorant areas of the world."

I doubt that Boeing, Airbus, Embraer, Fokker or any of the other makers would take contest with what is, after all, just a fundamental, but very easily overlooked, flight-control technique.