PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot Work?
Thread: Pilot Work?
View Single Post
Old 19th Dec 2005, 02:40
BigBear83

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can Expat,

I’m quite curious of your career progression and seek advice pertaining to working over in Europe. Currently, I’m in Ontario just wrapping up university and my multi IFR. I’ll soon enter the scary real world of Canadian aviation. I do have an EU passport and are seriously thinking of making a move over to Europe. From what I understand the industry is far better, but there are still many low time wonders around. So, should I get cracking on the groundschool and exams right after university? Or should I instruct for 1 or 2 years to get 500 or 1000 hrs single engine PIC before making the move. How about spending a few more years and attain a Canadian ATPL then converting at a lower cost, but is that worth the wait? Although I hear stories of people flying B737 with 250hrs, I don’t expect that, but what should I expect? Did you undertake a self sponsored scheme? If so, is it possible to pay off the 23 000 euro after a few years of flying? Wow, that’s mouthful but any advice you can give would be greatly appreciated.