PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DONCASTER/SHEFFIELD
View Single Post
Old 18th Dec 2005, 23:19
madbadrob

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have to agree somewhat about Humberside being affected by DSA however I also believe Leeds will be unless of course they can find a buyer very quickly. As I understand LBA is for sale at £80 million because the council cannot afford to put any more cash into it and LBA sure does need a facelift.

LBA have also kicked out the University flight for whatever reason which won't affect it's profitabillity very much.

With regards the million Pax from DSA I would hope that this will be achieved long before August. I know the airport hoped to have 1 million pass through the airport by the end of the first year although this is now out of the question.

My concern is though that THO are trying to kill the 24 hour returns with the cuts they have made. First Dublin now Pisa and the loss completely of the Sheik flight however we are hearing rumours this may come back now that the troubles there seem to have died. Too late for 2006 though

As for freight I think the recent glodal Supplies and TNT deliveries will help push more our way. Where from and at a loss to whom I have no idea but I can't see DSA affecting NEMA at all in this commercial battle
Rob