PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgins off to Emirates
View Single Post
Old 18th Dec 2005, 11:16
TIMMEEEE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Halas.

While I hear what you say, the fact is that Emirates just cant get enough drivers.
Hell, its just so bad that pilot recruits dont even turn up to Dubai in the first place and some intake courses are left with gaping holes!!

Bet your gonads that they will be seeking pilots from China. Thats the way I read it and mates very senior in Emirates agree this isi the case.
These same people in Emirates claim they have been actively recruiting pilots from many third world countries (India, Pakistan, Philipines, Indonesia, former Eastern Block nations) and are paying them less than other expats.
China is only a matter of time.
To some of these guys its a great step up in both pay and conditions though!!

What other "Technical Roles" could the Chinese provide seeing that their major airlines are relatively new compared to their Western counterparts???

To quote the article,

You have three days to do all this once you have stopped flying, and you only get your passport back at the airport from Marhaba as you also get your release from Dubai ticket. Emirates will keep your end of service benefits, (ie your contributions) for three months just in case some one comes up and says that you owe them money.
I gather that when in the Emirates your passport is to be held and released to you upon departing.
Thats how crew get to Australia!

Arabs holding your ticket to freedom (pasport)................now thats a comforting thought!