PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK Resignations
Thread: EK Resignations
View Single Post
Old 18th Dec 2005, 08:03
mooguy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brix

I was cabin crew with EK in 1995, and even then the last week of leaving was a nightmare!!

Lots of running round, more rigmarole than joining, anyway, fellow posters here have told you what to expect.

On the other hand......half my batch did runners cos they hated it so much! Several egyptian male cabin crew racked up huge loans, and did runners, we were a bit astounded at their audacity at the time I must say! We later went on to find out it was more common than realised.

We all kept saying (as several of these guys then went back to Egyptair and are now pilots) that they would never be allowed back into the UAE, their names would be on a banned list at imigration blah balh....but they've since been back and living it up, so thats obvoulsy untrue!

My best friend absconded with her ID (which your supposed to hand in) she said she lost it, and used it for quite some time to come! Serves EK right if you ask me, they brainwash you into thinking you have it made, just to be working for such a "wonderful" airline! Most flight attendants and pilots that I knew who made the angst ridden decision to finally leave, moved on to much bigger and better things eventually. Good luck