PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NEWCASTLE
Thread: NEWCASTLE
View Single Post
Old 17th Dec 2005, 22:23
Workmaster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NCL-JFK-ORD booking

Normally travel to Chicago via Amsterdam from Newcastle and this year thought I would give American Airlines/American Eagle my business -

Planned to travel 20 Jul 06 NCL-JFK-ORD and return the same route 03 Aug 06 - arrival time was slightly later than I liked, however it was a later start than the early KLM to AMS.

NO SEATS AVAIL outbound, offered NCL-LGW-ORD return on the
03 Aug 06 was as planned. now the crunch - the FARE was nearly £200.00 more than the KLM NCL-AMS-ORD and return which I wasn't prepared to pay. On a final note, it was cheaper to book from the States to Newcastle and pay by USD which I tried to do with my US Account - this was refused as I was a non US resident!

Some how I think American didn't want to operate the route, it would have been a one off operated by Boeing 757's across the pond - if anything went wrong another type subsititution would have been difficult.

Plus the route was not advertised/promoted very well within the area, infact I dont think I have seen an advert apart from the Airport Website.

Well Delta are keen to expand their Atlantic operation before they finally go bust next year....