PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CORK
Thread: CORK
View Single Post
Old 17th Dec 2005, 20:04
brian_dromey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well done Aer Lingus, more new routes, some strange choices though.

The BHX is indeed the joker in the deck, but I would have preferred to see them introduce a MAN service. Now that BA have pulled and WW are flying a schedule that mainly comprises usless evening rotations(from a connections point of view) there was a killing to be made. Also FR have a presence @ BHX and will MOL will probably not take too kindly to an invasion by 'fungus. Next FR route ex ORK, my money is on BHX.

The Berlin service is strange, would have thought FRA, DUS or even CGN would have been better targets? Maybe trying to keep U2 off the route?

I have not had a chance to look at the schedule in full yet but I imagine its pretty tight. With the increase in frequencies on old routes an new routes I imagine that they have tightned up the schedule of the other three 320's as well, as there was some(albeit very little) slack. All in all the ORK base must be EIs most profitable, effecient and friendly. They are finally showing the commitment to ORK they mouthed off about for so long. Now use the airbridges and well all be happy!

ps Does any one know if those marvelous A321s still transit Cork, or if the fourth A320 will be a 321 instead?