PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Steps of Becoming an Airline Pilot?
View Single Post
Old 20th Oct 2001, 15:11
Highbypass

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stick Pusher.
I feel very similarly. In fact, your reply could have easily been writen by myself. I have perspective students coming into the flying school where I work all the time. They ask the same question. ie. I want to be an airline pilot. How long will it take? Up till about six months ago, I gave them the whole shpeel about getting to commercial. As usual, everyone thinks that commercial means "airline pilot". So, under unoficial instructions from our MD, we just let them believe what they want. As long as we haven't given them false info. Nowdays.....well......I literally turn them away. I can't bring myself to tell them psuedo lies anymore. They stand there looking at me with all the enthusiasm. I just can't bare to do it to them anymore. I tell most of them to get a "real" job, and when they're actually earning "real" money, they can come back and get a PPL with a MECIR, and just enjoy the experience when they want, with no commercial pressures. Stevieboy, good luck, and may God truely watch over you.

[ 25 October 2001: Message edited by: Highbypass ]