PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NEWCASTLE
Thread: NEWCASTLE
View Single Post
Old 17th Dec 2005, 15:14
coasting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
though how any moron can in the short time that has been available, suggest that poor

Advance sales do play an important part in a new route Yes, the big money is the last minute business which I am certain there would have been. A percentage figure will have had to be reached even this far ahead of a new route starting, plus as you say some politics invovled. I am surprised it was pulled though just before the 'after christmas' big holiday sell which comes shortly, which again points to the politics. Yes the fuel costs, Rita and Katrina appear to me as just a polite way of saying "thanks but no thanks" we are bailing out.
So don't dismiss anyone who dares make a comment against Newcastles advanced passenger figures as being a moron. You will have to accept that only a small percentage of people live in the northeast compared to the rest of the UK. What is great for Newcastle means nothing to me in Brighton. Newcastle is just another regional like the rest of them, who also get knock backs. You will get more in the future just like the others. You are not immune, the likes of Cardiff, Bournemouth, Teesside, Humberside and Leeds to name a few, have their highs and lows. Just get over it. I'm sure the Airport Management will and have done, and will extract something positive from the experience as much as it appears to be a kick in the face at the moment
I do not think it will be 10 years before another US airline looks at Newcastle. It could be sooner than you think. That is only my personal thoughts, however my knowledge of the airline concerned is far greater than you obviously want to believe and accept at the moment.