PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Favourite Cabin Crew Uniform
View Single Post
Old 17th Dec 2005, 09:46
Rescue 137

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"I do not believe that women who wear a skirt uniform are more glamorous than women who wear trousers. I am sure I look better when I wear the trousers as I can move better, more freely, and look more spontaneous.
I can also "play" those games that I am sure Rescue 137 loves much better!! (dear when r u flying with us!)

I wouldn't choose an airline for their uniform. I wouldn't choose a job for the uniform. I choose the airline for its professionalism, safety record and quality of life. If I had had to choose an airline for the uniform they "offer" I wouldn't be here now, as when I joined BA we were all still dressed like clowns (or like Queen Elizabeth II, like my granny says......no offence intended!! )"

------------

So FBW-What are those games I love so much?Please remind me as I seem to have forgotten for the time being and I need reminding As for when am I flying with you-I'll surprise you on that one Although I will def make the effort if you are on the flight

As for Skirts/Trousers then I think BA uniform looks good with either.To be able to compare then you would have to see the same person in both trousers and Skirt and then make a decision as to which looks the best.Ive seen BA staff that look great in Trousers and BA staff that look great in Skirt and stockings.As FBW has already said its not what you wear but how you wear it.Trousers can be sexy if they are fitted correctly.

Certain uniforms I think would look strange with trousers-Virgin would be one as I just cant see Trousers fitting in to that Uniform unless they changed the colour and i cant see them loosing the red.BMI-Bmi dispatchers lready wear trousers as part of there uniform.Alright they arent CC but they do wear excatly the same uniform other than the trousers and hat.Around 2000 BM as it was then changed there female dispatchers from wearing the same uniform as GS/CC to introduce a compulsary trouser option for dispatchers as it was so much easier to move around the stands,climb into the aircraft if needed and generally step over things.Up until this then the dispatchers were wearing the GS/CC blue skirt and making it difficult to say the least to climb over stuff.The trousers give them more flexibility and makes them stand out as when you see a Female in BMI uniform & trousers then you know they are a dispatcher straight away.

Cant see GS/CC wearing the trousers option as the BMI uniform just wouldnt be the same for these grades but on Dispatchers it looks good.Maybe the hat just doesnt go too well with Trousers.I

I think for the trousers to look good then they have to be a dark colour Navy Blue,Black colour and that is why BMI/BA trousers work.An example of how trousers dont work is Aviance-those light blue trousers God I feel sorry for anyone who has to wear those,The skirt is the better option but the otherall colour is horrible.