PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CPL, ATPL, Flight schools etc...
View Single Post
Old 17th Dec 2005, 03:50
l_reason

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My suggestion would be to find a small cheap flight school that can accommodate you. I did my training at a small flight school (6 aircraft & 3 instructors) and was able to complete my CPL & instructor rating inside a year, first flight - first student.
Things you should be looking into:
-Housing & cost of living…. are you able to stay with family or friends? Chose the city wisely the cost of a room will vary greatly across the country.
-Weather. If you cant fly 4 days a week what’s the point!
- Will you need a car? Canada is a big place and most of our airports do NOT have public transportation access.
-Aircraft to instructor ratio. Too much of either and you cant have what you want when you want it.

I would recommend Cornwall Aviation (CYCC) hands down for a great place to do a multi or IFR rating. Both of mine took less then a week each!!!! They are a small low cost small town flight school that does 200+ flight tests a year. On the other hand Cornwall Ontario as a town is not a great place. http://www.pro-flight.on.ca/

I hope some of this will help you. I started young (instructing at age 19)at this aviation game I don’t want to discourage you but it is one hard road!!! The biggest danger in aviation today is starvation.

PT