PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Can Pilot Isolate Hydraulic Leak In Flight???
Old 16th Dec 2005, 19:10
AeroTech

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi,

Thank you for your posts.
I know that aircraft are fitted with hydraulic fuses.
The raison why I asked this question because these valves are accessible from the cockpit and I think there are not inhibited in flight. So I was wondering if there are used on flight also in case of hydraulic leakage (otherwise I tought it may be simple to don't add electric motors, wires, switches, ...to these valves since there are intended to be used only on the ground?). In addition other shutoff valves are actuated only manually and accessible only the ground (like 2 maintenance valves for the main landing gears and 6 shutoff valves for the rudder..... in B737), so it is obvious that these valves will be for ground use only. That`s why I was asking if there are any procedure from the flight manual (as evidence or fact). If there are no procedures, it mean they are used only on ground. Are such valves installed on other aircrafts?

It will very helpful if someone can post hydraulic loss procedure (at least for B737, other aircraft are very welcome also) to see if these shutoff might be used or not in flight in such abnormal flight condition.

Thank you.
Best regards.