PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sub-Contractor Employment Arrangements
View Single Post
Old 16th Dec 2005, 15:23
forgetabowdit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Grrr Sub-Contractor Employment Arrangements

Can anyone assist?

I wear the company uniform, I work the company roster, I am 'entitled' to an amount of leave each year, yet it is unpaid, I get an amount of cash deposited into my account each regular pay period; yet I am told I am a sub-contractor.

It is a messy situation coz I am unsure of the legalities of my arrangement regarding tax, super, public indemnity insurance, unfair dismissal and the rest...

As far as I am aware, from what I have read, due to the fact I wear a uniform and am not employed to fulfil a specific contract, I am, and should be recognised as either full time or casual.

Which gov department can I address this to for something to be done? Too many people in the past have just accepted this as what had to be accepted to get to the next rung in the ladder, but I’ve had a gut-full... Its wrong, unprofessional and disrespectful of my role in the company considering the hard effort and hours that we put in as 'sub-contactor' instructors...

If that’s the case, I don’t see why legally we cant a) work for any number of companies as we choose and set our own remuneration rate (yeh right!) and b) state when our 'company' is available to work and when it is not and have leave when we wish - we are required to be available all the time...

How can I address this? Also, never really knew what is in it for the employer...?

Any advice?

Forgetabowdit

Last edited by forgetabowdit; 16th Dec 2005 at 23:46.