PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Monarch Roster at LGW
View Single Post
Old 16th Dec 2005, 11:18
GoodView

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Monarch 757 Rosters

I joined Monarch and the LGW B757 fleet last March. Training excellent, people goog fun. A very 'non-pc' company, refreshingly un-corporate.

I am ex RAF, and the lifestyle now is a huge improvement. Typical summer roster is 12-16 programmed days flying per month. The rest is made up of 'Days Off' (min of 8), 'Rest Days' (after long / late work), and 'Standbys' (rare to be called out with 1 1/2 hrs notice but sometimes/often change to a flight a few days before).

Therefore in summer you can expect 14-18 days at home.

Summer flights can be through the night (Turkey and Greek islands), long (Banjul), or standard (Spain bucket and spade).

Winter is a bit quieter, although with more and more scheduled flights things might change.
November is traditionally very quiet (I did 4 flights, 26 days at home). December I have 10 days flying, 21 days at home. January sees the ski season get into gear so I'll let you know........
Apparently, April is the next very quiet month (post ski and pre summer).

As you can tell, destinations and work rates vary alot throughout the year.

Roster stability is not that good. Things change all the time, and what you have flown by the end of the month rarely looks much like the original. However, the Days Off, as published, are 'sacred' and will not be changed without your consent.

Longhaul on the 757 is not that common at the moment, but I have already done an Accra and a Bahrain.

Time until 767 is unknown really. It depends on whether we get another 767 and whether they train people according to seniority or base. Wait and see, it could be months or years.

Overall a very nice job indeed. Nothing is perfect and I suppose we all end up moaning about something, but I am very happy so far.

If you want any other info just let me know.

P.S. This is all based on my experience in just a few months with the company. I might not be representative of the real facts!!