PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fuelling when boarding??
View Single Post
Old 15th Dec 2005, 23:24
ros

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Fuelling when boarding??

Hi there.

If there is any easyjet pilots in here, or others with inside information about easyjet procedures, then can you pleace clarify for me by which rules easyjet operates, or anyone tell me what i do not understand about the rules and regulations when fuelling a passenger aircraft.

The question comes as I was waiting to boarde EZY7132 from Basel to Liverpool on the 14Th of December.
It goes as follows:

-The plane arrives at the gate
-Fueltruck pulles up and doors gets disarmed and opened.
-Fueltruck waits while passengers disembark
-As everyone is out (so it seemed), the fueltruck gets connected and clearly starts fuelling.
-Whilst fuelling is in progress, cabincrew and ground staff helps two wheelchair-users out of the aircraft and down the steps.
-When this is completed, one outgoing wheelchair user enters the stairs and gets lifted up in the cabin...... fuelling is still in progress.
-The rest of us is told to wait with boarding, as we can not boarde when fuelling is in progress!!

Now, in the company where I work, we can fuelle with passengers onboard provided they are all seated with their seatbelts unlocked, and the cabincrew is at their stations.

We can not fuelle with passengers entering or exiting from the aircraft.

I have not looked this up in the JAR-OPS manuals yet, so can only refer to the procedures used in the company I fly in myself, and what i can remember from the classrooms and lawbooks during my ATPL.

Can someone confirm that it is legal to fuelle when crew is lifting passengers on and off the aircraft?? And if it is, where is it stated?? - Just to make it easy for myself to read up on it again if nessesary