PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Global Aviation Solutions
View Single Post
Old 15th Dec 2005, 12:25
747 Downwind

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation

From my understanding GLOBAL 'ran' a scheme in conjunction with Astraeus (in that Astraeus aircraft and LTCs would be used as part of the training).. 'ran' is the operative word, the scheme no longer exists to my knowledge as they were having problems placing pilots with airlines. In particular, Ryanair was a big issue as they decided only to take pilots with a minimum of 100 hours on type.. GLOBAL students were only offered 10 sectors.

Be careful to castigate Astraeus.. to my knowledge they are NOT GLOBAL.. it would be nice if a member of AEU management such as Hamrah etc could confirm this. BOND on the other hand 'was' part of AEU.. certainly when I was on the programme. BOND has now been sold to an Aberdeen based company. However, BOND still provide SSTR's to students via Astraeus' fleet and training division. To correct the earlier post, Astraeus have employed GLOBAL 'grads', as they have too employed BOND 'grads'

I am aware that GLOBAL promised students the extra hours to achieve 100 hours free of charge.. but then changed there minds, allegedly because certain people were hassling them?? That last statement IS rumour

Please be careful to attack Astraeus, they merely provide a service to SSTR's.. they may not be able to offer any bods further hours as they may not have the trainers in light that they constantly train BOND students. For the record, Astraeus pay pilots to fly.. if you get offered a job you no longer are part of BOND and become a fully fleged AEU F/O who is payed.

I wish you ex-GLOBAL guys all the best this seems to be a **** up, your beef should be with GLOBAL personnel however.. whoever the hell they bloody are!!

I hope an AEU rep. or indeed GLOBAL reps (if you're out there) can reslove this unpleasant ambiguity

747 Downwind