PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sqdn Ldr Ray Hanna AFC*
View Single Post
Old 15th Dec 2005, 10:32
grow45

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Red Arrows - Ray Hanna

I never met Ray and probably only saw him display a couple of times but the recent tributes and photos made me wonder if I had actually seen him display with the Red Arrows rather than only much more recently in warbirds as I had previously thought

My earliest memory is as 4 year old watching the launch of the Queen Elizabeth 2 from John Brown's shipyard on the Clyde on 20th September 1967. I was watching from the window of an Aunt's house which overlooked the river and the event was also live on TV. What has always stuck in my memory was that out of the window I could see a formation of jets fly past whilst at the same time watching them on the TV in the corner of the room. This was in 1967 and if it was the Red Arrows it would have been Ray Hanna leading them but is there any way of confirming if it was the Red Arrows. Is there a list of all their displays available anywhere that would confirm if it was them. The official website has some history but not on a display by display basis.

I think there were other teams around at the time or it may just have been a one off for the event but I would be interested in any leads as to whether it was the Red Arrows or another team

Thanks

g45