PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Japanarama
Thread: Japanarama
View Single Post
Old 15th Dec 2005, 07:21
Prince of Dzun

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
glekichi:

I agree with some of your sentiments but you seem to have entirely missed the point. We are not discussing individual racism we are discussing the attitude of Japan as a nation, their real feelings towards non Japanese, and their lack of remorse for past deeds. Deeds that still affect the lives of millions of individuals either mentally or physically. Granted there are some decent and high principled Japanese but psychologists have great difficulty explaining to laymen like me why it is that they (the Japanese) change into animals when put into a uniform and mobilised as a single unit. This is the gist of the problem and your childish statement "an what the hell is up with the rest of Asia still going on about WWII?? Get over it!!" is in itself an admission that you don't really understand and that you are suffering from a touch of the Janus factor. I don't hear the Zionists asking the world to forget about the war and what happened in Europe. I suppose it would be too much for you to explain the difference to me but I'll standby anyway. Today's South China Morning Post under a banner headline is reporting that the Nanjing city government is planning to spend 478 million yuan to expand the Nanking Memorial erected as a result of the Japanese massacre, ask yourself why are they doing this. Also there is another report about Prime Minister Koizumi bleating about how he is being "misunderstood" for honoring executed Japanese war criminals . If you can make sense out of the actions of a leader who encourages worship of war criminals then perhaps you can explain that to me as well. I don't understand his motives except to consider them sinister.
As far a your "what has this to do with aviation" comment I think you will find that most of the contributors here are pilots with operating experience in Japan. What they think of the place is of interest and directed mainly to fellow pilots.

Prince of Dzun