PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SAS storm refugee boat
View Single Post
Old 31st Aug 2001, 16:56
Charlie Foxtrot India

Received 28 Likes on 10 Posts
Talking

FSU, I saw the Prof on the telly last night, what a hoot! you could almost see the clockwork key sticking out of his back, and he was totally pi$$ed!!
He had no idea of the facts. Probably been reading the tabloids.
I hope Little Johnny will carry on doing what the taxpayers want, not to win an election but because the alternative is for this country to lose much of what it has become.
lame, I migrated here on the independant migrant or "points" scheme, it took seven years of application forms and appeals, because five years of tertiary quals weren't recognised, and I had to accumulate more that WERE recognised, which was the main reason I did the CPL. Then there was the equivalent of a Class One medical with chest x-rays and HIV testing, more paperwork and money; and probably would have taken even longer if my boss hadn't insisted they return my passport by return of post, as I flew into Europe most days and couldn't work without it.
So after seven years with life in limbo I get frustrated when illegal immigrants bypass the system.
If they think bribes etc are acceptable ways of doing business I shudder for the black markets they could create if they were let lose here.