PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - £60,000 - £70,000 debt? WORTH IT?
View Single Post
Old 15th Dec 2005, 02:20
Mercenary Pilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Danger

My advice to anyone who has decided to take the plunge is... Look for the best training you can afford, not the cheapest! If you make a bad decision, it will cost you thousands! Choose somewhere that has got a great reputation (from airline pilots not company sales staff!) Ex-students can tell you alot but remember, most have only been to the one school so the information is going to be a little one sided.

am feeling pressured slightly as I feel the longer i leave it the hard it will be to become employed, is this true?
No its crap! Im a similar age to yourself. All my flying mates are older than me and were before they got jobs.

Dont feel pressured into this at all, its going to affect the rest of your life, if you dont get a job after you finish then what... How are you going to pay for your car, nights out, bills, house and most expensive of all...the girlfriend(s)?! Trust me, at this age its a big sacrifice!

Good luck with your training. Choose wisely and try not to pay for everything upfront!