PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Coroner criticises CASA over light plane crash deaths
Old 14th Dec 2005, 21:28
the wizard of auz
Bugsmasherdriverandjediknite

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face

well, just for you info sunfish, I am in the trade that deals with these matters and I strongly disagree with you. the loads are exactly the same on the parts. they do the same work and move the same distance under the same same pressures and loadings. and yes I do winge at the price of some (not all) parts that are way over priced because they are aviation related.
there are actually BETTER parts available for less money sometimes, because the automotive industry has continued with research and development, unlike the aviation industry. I have seen automotive part numbers that are exactly the same as aviation parts numbers and they are the same parts except the four hundred percent price differance. you would be suprised how many automotive companies supply parts to aircraft manufacturers. next time your pottering about the circuit in your little 172, think chrysler, bosch, Lucas. but thats a whole other story. basically, your statement says that the parts designed for aircraft are of lesser quality due weight saving messures, not that the work required from the part will be any more than normal.