PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EDI Radar
Thread: EDI Radar
View Single Post
Old 14th Dec 2005, 18:50
Bagheera

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PH-UKU and Brain Fade,
whilst I understand the phrase "Report at any time if you wish to continue visually" Is not as blatant as "offering" a visual approach. I think you would be hard put to use it as a defence if anybody were to question whether you were working within the spirit of the rules.
I may have seemed critical of the airport authority in my previous post. This was not my intention. An airport needs to show a certain amount of sensitivity to the people who live on its flight paths and close to its boundarys.
With decisions to be made at the highest levels on expansion plans at both airports ( building on the RHS and a possible second runway at one or t'other or both.) The airport authorities are going to need all the friends they can get!

Baggy

Edited to ask a question of the Scottish controllers.
After reading this thread I was a little confused about the comments regarding pf banging the aircraft down the approach in comparison to ph. It confused me because I know we regularly achieve 38-40 movements per hour during the peak periods. As I mused, I was looking at our long range radar screen which runs off lowther. Due to the pentland hills ph traffic disappears off this when at roughly 1200 ft or 4 miles from touchdown whereas the pf traffic was still visible down to 300 feet. Could this give the perception that ph only ever seems to have an a/c at 8/9/10 miles with nothng in front whereas you can see the whole of the sequence going into pf?
Just a thought

Last edited by Bagheera; 14th Dec 2005 at 21:04.